Like the bricks I wanted the grass blades to be individual
I made some variations in shape if the blades
I used a texture and tried tweaking it as in some places it went the wrong way
For under the grass I considered Using an earth texture like the soil from which the blades would emerge, however after considering how many strands I would have to place and assemble it would take too much time.
I made this tiling texture however it did not work out well at all
giving obvious tiling look.
I went on to map the UV’s and link it to photoshop to alter it.
I painted over an enlarged version of the previous texture to give it variation. And no repeated patterns have made the grass look much better when assembled.